Solar panel inverter – Vehicle to Grid charger. Photovoltaic power inverters have to convert the electrical DC to AC before it can be used to charge your electric vehicle. SolarEdge launches first photovoltaic panel converter with integrated charger for an electric car. This companie is the first in the world to launch a PV panel inverter with the possibility to charge the power directly into electric vehicles.
This inverter, once integrated with an electric car charger (EVs), is capable of charging EVs up to 6 times as compared to mode one charging. The device has a so-called ‘solar boost’ mode. This mode combines both the electrical power generated by the existing PV panels and electricity from the electricity grid.
According to SolarEdge, the inverter provides users with cost savings because less hardware is needed to charge the electric car. Renewable energy and photovoltaic producing electrical power.
Solar panel inverter – Vehicle to Grid charger
Increase your turnover and the PV consumption of your customers through the ONE phase inverter with EV Charger. Whether your customer already has an electric car (EV) or is considering buying one,
you can now prepare them for the future. With this inverter with integrated EV-Charger, home owners can use their electric car directly with PV charging which means they can sustain the consumption of maximise energy, reduce their environmental footprint and reduce their electricity costs. Thanks to the innovative boost function that combines mains power and PV power, users with the inverter of max. 6 kW can charge their EV 2.5 times faster than with a standard charger.
The SolarEdge inverter with EV-Charger supports full connection to the network and is effortlessly integrated into the cloud-based monitoring platform. Homeowners can track their charging status, track vehicle charging and create charging schedules.
- Smart schedules for using Time-of-Use (TOU) pricing: charging from the network
during off-peak hours.
- Follow PV production, charging and energy intake from the network to have visibility and control
on the energy consumption of the household.
- Remote control via mobile app: Switch charging directly on and off from your
- View charging time, amount of charged energy and percentage of PV charging.
Photovoltaic panel inverter – Vehicle to Grid charger
Fast chargers for electric vehicles charge with direct current; they convert the power before it goes to the car. After conversion, the power goes directly to the vehicle battery, without the intervention of the inverter of the vehicle.
Charging with alternating current is the most common charging method for electric vehicles with a plug. If you connect an electric vehicle to a standard recharging point, the power is converted inside the car and then goes to the car’s battery. Charging speeds depend on the power of the charging point, but also on the capacity of the inverter to convert the current into direct current.
- Combines sun and grid power for charging up to six times faster than a Level 1 EV charger
- Reduces workload and costs of installing a standalone EV charger and a PV inverter
- 12-year warranty(1), extendable to 20 or 25 years
- Saves space on main distribution panel to avoid potential upgrade
- Fully integrated with SolarEdge’s monitoring platform (monitoring connection is also required for first-time EV charging)
- Built-in meter enables separate tracking of EV power usage for visibility and control
- Optional built-in energy meter with Modbus connection
- Demand-Response ready
Read more about the PV panel inverter at the site www.solaredge.com